RIGA CITY PARKING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
|Head:||Igor V. Kabashkin, Dr.Hab.Sc.Ing, Prof.|
Ph.: +371-7100594, Fax: +371-7100535, E-mail: email@example.com
Topics of Research and Main Results
- Parking system development
- Riga city parking policy
- Dynamic parking information system concept development
- Urban mobility and land-use planning
- Traffic intensity measurements
Research of parking planning issues is conducted on the basis of collaboration with a Riga City Council. Main objective is set up as development of the city car parking concept, as well as its continuous improvement. Some statistical data regarding the traffic flow intensity and urban mobility are used in order to take the benefit of complex decision evaluation relevant to versatile tasks. Present approach is aimed on covering such as aspects like existing city planning and development priorities, traffic safety, urban mobility, environment protection, interactive application of modern information technologies etc. Results are expected to be presented as recommendations on conceptual and technological levels for active change and improvement of the Riga parking system.
- Kabashkin I., Zarumba I. Identification and Modelling of Urban Transport System: Case Study in Latvia // Proceedings of the Eighteenth IASTED (International Association of Science and Technology for Development) International Conference "Modelling, Identification and Control". February 15-18, 1999, Innsbruck, Austria.- 114-116.
- Zarumba I., Kabashkin I. Riga Transport Development Programme 1999-2003 // Proceedings of the 4-th International Conference "Baltic Transit Gateway'99". Research and Development in the Modern Transportation Technology. May 27-28, 1999, Riga, Latvia. - 30-33.
- Kabashkin I. Intelligent Transport Systems in Urban Logistics // Proceedings of the 4-th International Conference "Baltic Transit Gateway'99". Research and Development in the Modern Transportation Technology. May 27-28, 1999, Riga, Latvia. - 87-90.
- Kabashkin I. Identification and Modelling of Urban Transport System: Case Study in Latvia // Proceedings of the 11-th Mini-EURO Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Transportation Systems and Science, and the 7-th EURO-Working Group Meeting on Transportation. August 2-6, 1999. Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland. - XVI.
- Kabashkin I., Zarumba I. Urban Transport Development Programme: Case Study in Latvia // Proceedings of the International Conference "Modelling and Management in Transportation". October 12-16, 1999. Poznan-Cracow, Poland. - Vol. 2, 313-318 pp.
- Berezhnoy A. Identification and obtaining statistical information on the traffic flow with radar measuring system. Case study: Latvia // Proceedings of the "Nordic-Baltic Transport Research Conference". April 13-14, 2000. Riga, Latvia. - Vol. 2, 4th sect.