Interreg Volunteer Youth (IVY)
Association of European Border Regions (AEBR) has the great pleasure and honour to manage the newly launched “Interreg Volunteer Youth” (IVY) initiative on behalf of the European Commission.
The Interreg Volunteer Youth (IVY) started on 1st March 2017 and is a 1-year pilot action to offer the possibility to young Europeans aged 18-30 to serve as volunteers in the cross-border, transnational or interregional programmes and related projects.
As Friend of AEBR, we would like to encourage you to support this important initiative by disseminating about IVY within your network for 5 main valuable reasons:
1) In such difficult times for the European Union, when European cross-border cooperation and related funding are under a serious threat: as part of the Cohesion Policy, there is a risk of an important reduction in the available funding, and it could even disappear, according to some proposed scenarios. Therefore, it is crucial to give the right attention and visibility to successful Interreg stories and thus get the right support from EU citizens, governments and institutions to keep cross-border cooperation – and related funding – as a crucial part of European Integration.
2) Hosting a young motivated volunteer could significantly support Interreg activities in a unique and valuable way by providing a fresh, dynamic and effective approach to the implementation & communication of Interreg results.
3) Host organisations would significantly increase their visibility towards European Institutions, the other Interreg Programmes & Projects as well as the broader European public and especially young Europeans and local communities and decision-makers.
4) Host organisations would “make a difference” in some young Europeans´ lives as IVY will give volunteers the opportunity to familiarise with the Interreg programmes and projects, make them aware of the many benefits of collaboration among EU internal borders as well as enhance their sense of European solidarity, citizenship and civic engagement. Moreover, thanks to IVY, volunteers will acquire a unique experience of personal growth as well as enhancing and gaining skills that they can employ in their future experiences.
5) It is very easy to join the initiative: AEBR takes care of financially support volunteers and provides a comprehensive insurance coverage to the volunteer onsite. Moreover, AEBR also organises a pre-departure training for volunteers and remains at the volunteer´s and host organisation´ s disposal during the whole experience.
Detailed information: https://www.interregyouth.com/