INTELLIGENT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
Igor V. Kabashkin, Dr.Hab.Sc.Ing, Professor
Topic of Research:
The Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) are analysed in a theoretical framework to determine their deployment application potential and what standards must be maintained to maximize the efficiency of the various deployments.
The purpose of the study is to identify the ITS user services appropriate for Latvia and Riga metropolitan area and develop a Strategic Deployment Plan and National ITS Architecture based on user services.
The study summarizes the resulting impacts of ITS deployments identified in numerous case studies and evaluations into different categories:
- Freeway Management Systems
- Traffic Signal Systems
- Incident Management Programs
- Multimodal Traveller Information Systems
- Intermodal transport and terminal management
- Transit Management Systems
- Electronic Toll Collection Systems
- Electronic Fare Payment
- Advances in navigation systems
- Optimisation of traffic management
- Support for public transport
- Support for pedestrians
- Parking information systems
- Emergency management
- Electronic Data Interchange between freight operators
- Hazardous goods and flow monitoring and incident notification
- I.V.Kabashkin. Main Activities in Latvian Transport Sector of the Intelligent Transport Systems Programmes // Computer Modelling and New Technologies - 1998. - Vol. 2. - P. 61-65.
- Igor Kabashkin. Transport Telematics.- Riga, 1999, 342 p.
- Kabashkin I. Intelligent Transport Systems in Urban Logistics // Proceedings of the 4-th International Conference "Baltic Transit Gateway'99". Research and Development in the Modern Transportation Technology. May 27-28, 1999, Riga, Latvia. - 87-90.
- Kabashkin I., Zarumba I. Urban Transport Development Programme: Case Study in Latvia // Proceedings of the International Conference "Modelling and Management in Transportation". October 12-16, 1999. Poznan-Cracow, Poland. - Vol. 2, 313-318 pp.
- Kabashkin I. Integrated System Approach for Riga Metropolitan Transport Development Programme //Computer Modelling and New Technologies.- Vol. 3, 1999.