FP5: Full airport A-SMGCS test trials (GALILEO)
Head of the Project from TSI:
Igor Kabashkin, Dr. hab.sc.ing., Prof.
- to demonstrate the efficiency of ADS~B technology for Surface Movement Guidance and Control;
- to estimate an accuracy of satellite positioning with differential correction in real airport environment;
- to estimate stability to interference of the VHF datalink as well as STDMA media access protocol;
- to develop and validate Surface Movement Guidance and Control procedures;
- to develop methodology and algorithms of ADS~B data processing and display.
Brief description of the work:
The work will include the following basic phases:
- development of the Project Plan;
- development of requirements for SMGC System of the Riga International Airport;
- development of appropriate procedures for SMGC;
- training of Air Traffic Controllers;
- development of airport layout for ADS data display;
- development of appropriate software for ADS data display;
- development a Trials Programme;
- investigation of a set of significant parameters to be registered during the tests;
- development of methodology for tests estimation;
- installation of STDMA ground station at the Riga International Airport;
- execution of the Demonstration Trials;
- processing trials data.
- Practical validation of datalink technology, 1differential correction an procedures;
- Experimental values of an accuracy and stability to interference;
- Software for ADS-B data processing and display;
- Methodology and algorithms of data processing and display;
- Set of procedures for Surface Movement Guidance and Control;
- Real environment with all components to be used in advanced test trials to adapt and validate technologies and procedures in the future.