SELECTION OF FOREIGN ACADEMIC STAFF
Transport and Telecommunication Institute in the frame of European Social Fund project “Strengthening Transport and Telecommunication Institute Academic Staff in the Areas of Strategic Specialisation” (No 126.96.36.199/18/A/011) is announcing the second round of the selection of foreign academic personnel for the academic year 2018/2019 and the academic year 2019/2020 in the following fields of study:
- “Information Technologies, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Control/Management and Computer Science”;
- “Mechanics and metalworking, heat energy, heat engineering and mechanical engineering”;
- “Transport services”;
- “Management, administration and real estate management” - due to the implementation of the new professional Master's study program "Aviation Management"”.
Application deadline: March 5, 2020
Requirements for foreign academic staff:
- a person has experience in academic work in foreign high education institution in last 5 years;
- a person has other relevant experience in educational field;
- a person has research experience and publications in corresponding or related field of research;
- a person has good cooperation experience with academic, scientific, professional institutions and/or enterprises in Latvia and/or abroad;
- a person has experience in supervision of students’ research papers/thesis
- a person has good English skills (at least C1 level according to Europass language pass) and ability to use language skills in teaching process and methodological work.
Application letter (Annex 1 of the Regulation), CV (in English, preferably in Europass format), including language passport and other information necessary according to application’s assessment criteria, course descripion (Annex 2 of the Regulation), statement of foreign higher education (except Latvia) regarding employment in an academic position over the last five years, and other documents (optional) testifying to the skills, knowledge and capacity of the applicant, has to be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In case application is submitted in paper version documents has to be sent to the address - Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Lomonosova iela 1, Riga, LV-1019, Latvia, room No 301. The envelope should content the notice “Application for the open competition selection of foreign academic staff, 2nd round” and name of the Applicant.
More information about the announcement is here:
Based on the Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, Transport and Telecommunication Institute informs that the personal data indicated in the application document will be processed in order to ensure the conduct of this selection process and the above-mentioned personal data processing controller is Transport and Telecommunication Institute.