Transport and Logistics
Purposes and description of the Program
- In-depth knowledge in the field of corporate strategies, contemporary information technology, organisation of business processes and new analytical tools.
- Training of specialists having marketing skills who know how to conduct economic analysis, statistical simulation and project evaluation for the effective solution of problems in the field of planning, development and control of transport and logistics processes.
- An analytical set of mind, a skill to think strategically and handle large volumes of information are the basic qualities and characteristics of the TSI graduate under the "Transport and Logistics" Programme.
Program structure: Transport and Logistics
Upon completion of the study programme, graduates are conferred a degree of Master of Social Sciences in Transport and Logistics. The scope of activities of the "Transport and Logistics" Programme graduates is as follows: public transport, airlines and airports, sea transportation and ports, railroad cargo and passenger transportation, delivery chain control in national and international companies.
Faculty of Transport and Logistics
Awarded academic degree: Master of Social Sciences in Transport and Logistics
Study languages: English, Latvian.
Possible forms of education: Full-time studies - 2 years and Part-time studies - 2,5 years
Enrollment requirements: high school diploma, higher education diploma, transcript of records, as to high school diploma, so higher education diploma, CSE (for the applicants from Russia).
Accreditation: Pursuant to amendments to the Law on Institutions of Higher Education proclaimed on 4 July 2018, the programme implemented in the study direction "Transportation Services" "Master of Social Sciences in Transport and Logistics" has been accredited until 31 December 2023
Director for the program: professor Irina Yatskiv, Dr.sc.ing., Jackiva.I@tsi.lv
Short Term Study Programme
Complete Study Programme volume: 62 credit points* (93 ECTS)
Mode, duration, semesters:
- full-time, 1,5 study years (3 terms) Courses available during day or evenings
- part-time, 2 study years (4 terms) Courses available during Saturdays or by Module schedule (approximately 1 time per month, Friday 6:00-21:30, Saturday 10:30-17:00, Sunday 10:30-15:30
Study language: latvian, english
Entry Requirements: 4-year Bachelor Degree or 2nd level Professional Higher Education + practice with at least 20 credit points.