Projekts "Transporta un sakaru institūta STEM studiju programmu modernizācija"
Project No. 188.8.131.52/17/I/009 "Modernisation of Transport and Telecommunications institute STEM study programmes"
The aim of the project is to modernize 11 STEM study programmes, increase the number of students in the STEM field and improve the material-technical base of the institute with state-of-the-art equipment and technologies with the priority being such thematic education groups as information technologies and engineering.
In the long term, the project will contribute to the transformation of the Latvian economy with emphasis on high end value added products, promoting growth in sectors with a high potential for future growth and in sectors with significant horizontal effects.
Project tasks are as follows:
- modernize 3 auditoriums – investments in renovation and equipment;
- establish 2 new laboratories and upgrade 1 existing laboratory;
- modernize practical practice equipment and equipment for 3 aviation STEM study programmes;
- improve institutes IT infrastructure;
- upgrade library collections with electronic literature and new paper publications.
Total finances of the projcect: 1 174189 EUR, from what ERDF finances are 998 061 EUR (85%) and state budget finances are 176 128 EUR (15%).
The project is planned to be implemented within 2 years.