Professional English for mechanics
ESF projekta Nr. 22.214.171.124/16/I/001 “Nodarbināto personu profesionālās kompetences pilnveide” (Professional Development for Adults)
Non-formal education program "Professional English for mechanics"
|Course duration: 4 months (80 academic hours)|
|Study language: English|
|Courses start: September, 2019|
|Preliminary knowledge: Intermediate|
|Instructor: Kristīne Užule, MA in Lingusitics|
Course start: September, 2019
|90% of the course fee is covered by the EU fund and the state, and student has to pay only 10% of the price.|
For students with the status of "low-income" the cost is fully covered by the EU fund and state.
- Use of professional terminology in oral communication.
- Oral professional communication with the employer. Aspects of a formal language (how does formal communication differ from informal communication)
- Oral professional communication with customers and suppliers.
- Grammatical structures and sentences in English.
- Documents and technical documentation. Aspects of a formal language (syntactic structures).
- Business correspondence. Aspects of a formal language (vocabulary, selection of information, etc.).
- Electronic databases.
You are welcome to apply for participation in the EU project No. 126.96.36.199/16/I/001 “ Nodarbināto personu profesionālās kompetences pilnveide” (Improving the professional competencies of adults) from May 27 to June 28 on the site: www.macibaspieaugusajiem.lv , using e-service.
You can submit an application personally, after confirming an appointment (you need to bring an identity document with you):
- at The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) which is located: Rīgā, Z.A.Meierovica bulvāris 1-16, 5. floor, phone number: 67854769 or
- in one of the 82 local governments, at the adult education coordinator, contact information is available here.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Lomonosova Street 1 - 404th c., Riga, LV-1019, Latvia, phone: (+371) 67100652