The procedure to enter the TSI for the applicants arriving from the countries with the additional checking
The scheme to enter the first year of studies:
- pay the Registration fee
N.B. The registration fee will not be paid back
- verification of the education documents at the Academic Information Center in Latvia
- submitting the documents necessary to make the agreement with the student on the provision of educational service
- signing the contract, payment of the tuition fee invoice
- submitting the documents to receive the residence permit in Latvia
- processing and receiving the short-terms stay visa
- arrival in Riga, processing and receiving the residence permit
Step 1.Entering the institute
To apply for the Admission 2017/2018 all applicants should:
pay the Registration fee – 200 €
The bank details of the TSI (for payments in € and $):
Transport and Telecommunication Institute
Address of account holder:
Lomonosova 1, LV-1019, Riga, Latvia
Balasta Dambis 15, Riga, LV-1048, Latvia
Account No (IBAN):
Purpose of Payment:
Application fee for (name, surname same as written in the passport)
fill in the Admission Form for International Applicant
- send the following documents to the electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the photocopy of the first page of the passport valid to travel abroad and, if applicable, the photocopy of the page having the valid Schengen visa
- the photocopies of education documents (with annexes and transcripts of records)
the photocopy of the paid registration fee invoice
Your education documents shall undergo the verification for their legitimacy and the compliance of the level of education.
In case of a positive decision as the verification is completed, the institute shall forwards to you in electronic form the contract and the tuition fee invoice to pay.
The tuition fee and the registration fee invoice shall be paid within the period of 10 days as received.
Step 2. Collecting the document set to obtain the residence permit
You need to submit the documents for the residence permit yourself at the Embassy of Latvia (if there is no embassy in your country, you can contact the embassy your country is territorially referred to. More detailed information you can receive by writing to the electronic mail email@example.com).
The documents necessary to submit at the embassy:
the documents you gather yourself:
- the filled in electronically, printed out and signed form with blue pen to apply for the residence permit.
(To avoid any mistakes, please send us to check the electronically filled in form to the electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4 photos sized 3х4 cm.
- the original copy of the bank reference, confirming the material support of the applicant for the current year (there shall be at least 4900 €* on the account), as well as the certification that the given account has an associated here to international bank card.
- the photocopy of the front side of the international bank card;the legalized original copy of the reference on the absence of criminal records (required bilateral legalization);
- notarized document photocopies or original copies on the obtained education. These documents shall be legalized (required bilateral legalization).
Legalization of documents.
Legalization (certification of document authenticity) – it is the verification of the authenticity of signatures and seals, performed by a consular officer to grant the documents drawn up in one country the legal effect in another one.
Please find more details here -http://www.mfa.gov.lv/en/service/legalisation.
- the passport (original, shall be valid for another year and three months from the date the residence permit is issued);
- the payment order on the payment of the state fee (the original copy). The payment is performed at the embassy.
The documents provided by the institute:
- The original copy of the invitation to receive the residence permit;
- The photocopy of the reference issued by the Academic Information Center (AIC);
- The original copy of the studies guarantee at the official blank of the TSI;
- The original copy of the guarantee to provide the dormitories in Latvia (if you are planning to reside in dormitories listed by the institute);
- The original copies of the contract and invoices.(The sent contract is signed by the institute. You need to sign two copies of the original studies contract with blue pen – the signature shall be provided as below the text in the Latvian language, so the text in the English/ Russian language. A photocopy of the contract shall be submitted at the embassy, still there shall be produced the original copy thereof.)
N.B. To obtain the residence permit the following documents should be submitted in one of the following languages: the Latvian, English, French, Russian or German language. In case of the original copies of your documents are in any other language, then you need to notarize the translation of these document photocopies into any above listed language. If applicable, the translation shall be legalized.
N.B. It is necessary to legalize the education documents and the reference on the absence of criminal records. Legalization in more details
Please contact the employees of the TSI for more detailed information:
Phone: (+371) 67 100 661
Step 3. Obtaining the entrance visa
Following the positive decision on the granting to you of the residence permit by the Embassy of Latvia in your country (the institute will notify you on the date, when the decision is made) it will be necessary to receive a short-term stay visa of D category to enter the territory of Latvia. (This requirement does not apply to those holding a Schengen visa valid on the day of the scheduled arrival).
To receive a short-term stay visa of D category you need to submit at the Embassy/ Consulate of Latvia in your country the following documents (those shall be considered at the site, and in some cases there is possible an interview with an embassy employee):
- passport (the original, shall be valid for another year and three months from the day the residence permit is issued),
- medical insurance (travel insurance) for the period of 1 month,
- the receipt on the payment of the consular fee (the sum of the consular fee can be particularized in the Embassy of Latvia in your country).
In case the granting of the residence permit, an entrance visa is denied, and you refuse to transfer for distance- correspondence studies the full payment of the tuition fee shall be returned to the applicant within the period of 10 work days.
N.B.The registration fee will not be paid back.
Step 4. Obtaining the residence permit
The entrance visa for the period of 15 days is provided to enter Latvia and obtain the residence permit.
It is requested to notify the employees of the institute on the date of your arrival over the phone: +371 67 100 661 or writing to the electronic mail address: email@example.com for your timely registration for the appointment at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs to obtain the residence permit.
As the entrance visa is received the applicant shall arrive in Riga to the Institute of Transport and Communication (TSI) to receive the original copy of the contract.
Within the period of 3 days from the arrival at the institute we will help you to receive::
- the reference on the absence of tuberculosis, issued by a medical institution in Latvia.
the medical insurance for the period of one year, it could be acquired at the building, where the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs is situated in, or any other insurance company of your choice.
To receive the residence permit you shall submit at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs in Riga the following documents:
- your passport
- the reference on the absence of tuberculosis
- medical insurance
Consequently there will be issued an ID-card.
ID-card – a document proving the identity, while travelling around the territory of the European Union within the Schengen area. The processing of the ID-card shall be paid for, applying solely an international bank card
- the payment performed at the issuing of the card 14,23 € - within 10 work days;
- the expedited procedure 28,46 € - 2 work days.
Following the receiving of the ID-card, you shall declare your place of residence in Riga. You shall bring the received documents at the office 409 of the International Division of the Institute of Transport and Communication.
The documents to obtain the residence permit should be submitted in one of the following languages: the Latvian, English, French, Russian or German language. In case the originals of your documents are in any other language, then you need to notarize the translation of these document photocopies into any above listed language. If applicable, the notarized translation shall be legalized.
The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs grants the residence permit for the period of one year, in case there is completed the payment for one study year.
The period of validity for the documents required to obtain the residence permit:
- the documents confirming the existence of the required financial support in the Republic of Latvia, – 3 months from the date of issue
- the reference on the absence of criminal records – 6 months from the date of issue
- the reference on the results of the X-Ray or photofluorographic examination – 1 year from the date of issue
Particular conditions for underage applicants (younger than 18 y.o.)
In compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Latvia a guardian shall be appointed for an underage applicant. The issue on the appointment of a guardian shall be solved with the assistance of the International Division of the Institute. Please address any questions regarding this matter on the electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone: +371 67 100 661.
The prices are indicated in Euro (€) and are approximate. Those are in effect on the date the present informative material is being prepared and can be adjusted without prior notification.
Please contact the employees of the TSI for more detailed information:
Phone: (+371) 67 100 661