New visiting professor from Japan Neil Rubens will teach at TSI
Starting from September 2016, the visiting professor PhD in Computer Science Neil Rubens will start a course Data Science (from data to products) at Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TSI) under the master's degree programmes: Computer Science and Information Systems Management.
The main topics of the course:
- Data Acquisition (crawling)
- Data Preparation (error detection and correction, enrichment, linking)
- Data Modelling (explorative analysis, modelling, evaluation)
- Data Understanding (domain, users)
- Data/Model Interaction (data visualisation, storytelling, user experience, user interface).
Neil Rubens received PhD in Computer Science from Tokyo Institute of Technology, MSc in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts, has about 7 years’ experience as an assistant professor of the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo. His main research interests include Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
At present, Neil Rubens conducts the research projects as follows:
- together with Stanford University - Utilising AI/ML for Identification of Industry/Sector Opportunities;
- together with Delft University of Technology and the University of Edinburgh - Utilising AI/ML for Identification of Design Opportunities
The course language - English.
Place, time and mode of studies – according to the timetable.