Guest lecture by the director of the business of optical technologies department of Lattelecom, November 8
On the 8th of November a Lattelecom’s specialist held a lecture on the Optical Internet in the Transport and Telecommunication Institute.
The seminar’s theme:
"The use of optical fiber for telecommunications. Lattelecom’s experience in the construction of an optical network in Latvia: the benefits and opportunities".
Presenter: Raivis Machkevich, the director of the Business Optical Technologies department of Lattelecom.
Language of the seminar: Russian
Plan of the Seminar:
- What is the optical fiber: History (what is the difference between a copper cable and an optical one),the advantages of an optical cable, its widespread application and development in the world;
- How does the optics improves usability of the Internet and provides a new experience to use broadband technology. How to fill 100 or more megabits?
- Providing an optical network in Latvia;
- How to become a Lattelecom’s partner (affiliate programme, bring a friend).
- The discussion: experience exchange, questions & answers.