Financial and Information Competence for Adults
ESF projekta Nr. 126.96.36.199/16/I/001 “Nodarbināto personu profesionālās kompetences pilnveide” (Professional Development for Adults)
Non-formal education program “Financial and Information Competence for Adults”
Increase the level of knowledge of adults in financial and informational issues.
Develop a student’s critical thinking skills, as well as receive, structure, analyze information:
- Information, that is available on the Internet and mass media about current events and offers.
- Information related to personal and family finances, and information related to their planning:
- the role and influence of the state and economic processes;
- sources of income;
- creating a (family) budget;
- types of expenses, their planning and equalization.
|Course duration: 2 months (40 academic hours)|
|Study language: Latvian|
|Courses start: July-August, 2019|
|Lecturer: Ilze Sproģe, Dr.sc. Administr.|
Course start: July-August, 2019
|90% of the course fee is covered by the EU fund and the state, and student has to pay only 10% of the price.|
For students with the status of "low-income" the cost is fully covered by the EU fund and state.
- Money and operations.
- Personal finance: income, savings, loans and debts.
- Financial and economic environment.
- State and social budget, social insurance system.
- Risks and insurance (not including state and social insurance).
- Insolvency of individuals.
- Critical thinking.
- Information competence in our time.
- Getting information.
- False news and their recognition.
- Internet security and opinion.
You are welcome to apply for participation in the EU project No. 188.8.131.52/16/I/001 “ Nodarbināto personu profesionālās kompetences pilnveide” (Improving the professional competencies of employees) from May 27 to June 28 on the site www.macibaspieaugusajiem.lv , using e-service.
You can submit an application personally, after confirming an appointment (you need to bring an identity document with you):
- at The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) which is located: Rīgā, Z.A.Meierovica bulvāris 1-16, 5. floor, phone number: 67854769 or
- in one of the 82 local governments, at the adult education coordinator, contact information is available here.
email@example.com, Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Lomonosova Street 1 - 404th c., Riga, LV-1019, Latvia, phone: (+371) 67100652