The enrollment procedure
TSI Prices, Programs and Admission Requirements
For the Academic Year 2019/2020:
- Prefered International Certificate of English knowledge at level B2 or previous education has been received in English;
- Examination online – English, Maths or Physics, exams have to be passed by Student during 10 days after link has been received;
- Skype interviewing to check the level of English and motivation.
All examinations will be organised by the Institute once the Registration Fee has been paid. All examinations will be provided online.
Table of Programs and requirements
Computer Science program
Computer Science (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
Management of Information Systems (MSc, Master's degree)
Computer Science (MSc, Master's degree)
Electronics and Telecommunications program
Telecommunication Systems and Computer Networks (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
English, Math, Physics
Electronics (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
English, Math, Physics
Electronics (Engineer's degree)
English, Math, Physics
Robotics (Professional Bachelor's degree)
English, Math, Physics
Electronics (MSc, Master's degree)
Transport and Logistics program
Transport and Business Logistics (Professional Bachelor's degree)
Transport and Logistics (MSc, Master's degree)
Aviation Transport program
Aviation Transport (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
Aviation Transport + Practice (3 months) (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
Economics and Management program
Management (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
Economics (BSc, Bachelor's degree)
Management (MSc, Master's degree)
Economics (MSc. Master's degree)
Aviation Management (MSc. Master's degree) full time
Telematics and Logistics (PhD, Doctoral degree)
The (non-refundable) Registration Fee in the amount of EUR200/USD 240 includes:
- Validation of high school documents (AIC – Academic Information Centre)
- Airport transfer service on arrival day
- Fluorography examination cost for the Residence Permit ID card for the first year
Insurance fee for the Residence Permit for the first year.
Study Deposit. It will be used to cover the Student's last year of studies. The amount is the same as one year Tuition fee.
Cost of the second Letter of Invitation (in separate situations) – EUR 100
Cost of the second time Airport Transfer Service - EUR 100
Courier services cost EUR 110
Time table for Academic year 2019/2020 Intake
From January 18th
From June 1st
May 30 all world/
June 30 for CIS countries citizens (except Russia – Chechenia, Dagestan) /
August 31 for LV and EU, EEK citizens
October 15 all world/
November 1 for CIS countries citizens (except Russia – Chechenia, Dagestan) /
January 1 for LV and EU, EEK citizens
Registration fee payment deadline
June 10 for all the World/
July 10 for CIS countries (except Russia – Chechenia, Dagestan) /
September 2 for LV and EU, EEK citizens
During 10 days after invoice is issued
October 30 for all the World/
November 15 for CIS countries (except Russia – Chechenia, Dagestan) /
January 5 for LV and EU, EEK citizens
During 10 days after invoice is issued
Arrival for study period
August 15 – September 2
period January 3 - 20
"Latest call" arrival
If an applicant misses at least one of the following terms, he/she will be transferred to the next Intake and will be admitted by Requirements of current Intake
The Process of Admission
Student must log in to the ADMISSION system (admission.tsi.lv) with his or her password and enter information about the Applicant, filling the form correctly and uploading the digital copies of the documents as follows:
- Passport (all pages);
- Scan of educational documents (certificate of secondary education, graduation, previous education diploma (if any), mark sheets).
- Once the application has been received and the documents checked, a Letter of Conditional Admission and an invoice to pay the Registration Fee will be available in the ADMISSION system.
- Once the Institute has received the Registration Fee, the Applicants should pass Tests and the Skype interview. Can take till 10 days
- Once the Tests and the Skype interview have been passed successfully educational documents will be sent for verification to make sure that the education acquired meets the level of similar education in Latvia (State Academic Information Centre – AIC). Verification of the documents by the state institution takes approximately 30-40 working days
- During verification period (AIC), it is recommended beforehand to find Accommodation for the period of Student studies and inform Institute about it.
The Institute provides the recommended hostels.(links uz accomodations)
- Once a positive reference from the AIC has been received, the document will be added to the ADMISSION system; after that the Admission Letter, Study Contract, Tuition Fee, and Deposit Fee invoices will be available to download from the system.
- The contract must be downloaded and signed by the Student, and then uploaded back to the ADMISSION system.
- Students must pay all the required amounts directly to the TTI's account. You may find payment details of TTI in the invoice.
- After full Tuition (and Deposit Fee) payments, signed Study Contract, information about the residential address in Riga, passed Tests and the Skype interview, the Institute will issue a Letter of Invitation (valid for six month from the date of issue and is valid to use one time only) to visit the Latvian Embassy to get a visa and/or a temporary residence permit (Residence Permit).
- Once the Letter of Invitation has been received, the Student can make an appointment with the Latvian Embassy. The procedure to receive a C-type (Long Stay) visa depends on the Country.2 weeks till 5 months.
The Institute has to be informed about the Appointment date with the Embassy or the VFS Centre.
Arriving to Latvia
If the Student arrives in Latvia with a C type (long-term) visa only, the Airport Transfer Service has to be approved by the Institute.
Once the Visa has been received, the Student's documents have to be uploaded to the system:
- Police clearance,
- Bank statement,
- Visa scan.
Upon arrival in Riga in order to start Studies at TSI and submit documents to the OCMA to obtain the Residence Permit, Students MUST carry along all of the original documents required. Transport and Telecommunication Institute shall not assume responsibility if Students fail to have the required documents or the documents have expired as a result of which the obtaining of the Residence Permit may be delayed.
The Institute provides the Airport Transfer Service to Students in order to take them from the Airport to their place of stay.
The Institute should be informed about the Student's arrival in Riga 7 to 14 days before the actual date of arrival. The flight ticket and place of the Student's stay in Riga has to be submitted to the system 7 to 14 days before the actual date of arrival.
The representative of the Institute will meet the Student at the airport and take him or her to the place of residence (pre-booked by the Student).
If the Student has ordered the Airport Transfer Service and failed to arrive on time, the next Airport Transfer Service can be provided at the additional cost of EUR 100.
If the Student has not chosen the Transfer Service in the system, it means that the Student will arrange a transfer by him or herself.
On the day of arrival in Riga or on the next working day, the Student has to visit TSI at 1 Lomonosova Street, Room 100 (Information centre) and submit all original documents.
Managers will help prepare all the documents for submission to the OCMA to obtain the Residence Permit or the Identification Card (ID card).
Once the ID card has been received, the Student must present it to the Institute managers; the ISIC card will be issued after that.
The Student can start studying as soon as he or she arrives in Riga given that the classes have already started.
Costs of Living in Riga (average per person per month)
- Dormitories/Student Hostels EUR 100-200
- Flat renting (shared) EUR 100-200
- Flat renting (not shared) EUR 250-350
EUR 150-250 to cook at home
In the city centre, EUR 5-9 per meal
Public transport per student per month 16 EUR unlimited (www.rigassatiksme.lv)
Taxi EUR 7-10 per once transfer
(depending on the needs) around EUR 100
Total expenses for the necessary things can range from EUR 400 to 700 per month (depending on individual needs).
Total expenses per year from EUR 4,800
Total costs for one year with the Tuition Fee (for the Bachelor's degree) from EUR 8,500
Accommodation recommended by TSI
More information about Latvia:
Document Checklist During the Admission Process (for the Agent/Student)
Check-list for documents preparing
To receive the Letter of Invitation – to submit to the Institute in the system:
- Digital copy of passport all pages;
- Digital copy of educational documents with mark sheets;
- English Qualification Certificate;
- Digital copy of the Accommodation Contract;
- Digital copy of the signed Study Contract;
- Full payment – Tuition Fee and Deposit
Documents which have to be legalised by the Ministry of Affairs in the National country (depend of Country):
- Educational documents – a diploma and mark sheets – must bear the Apostille of the Ministry of Education
- Police clearance
To receive the C or D-type Long Stay Visa:
- Long stay visa application form printed out and signed by the Applicant. http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/assets/documents/anglu%20val/visas/D_viza_2011.pdf
- Two 35mm x 45 mm photographs with white backgroundtaken in the last six months.
- Original letter from the bank regarding current financial status of the main sponsor (with date, ref number, signature of the bank employee and official bank stamp)Original of Notary verified letter by the main sponsor agreeing to partake the sponsorship of the student.
- Original of the last 3 months bank transaction of the main sponsor (with date, ref number, signature of the bank employee and official bank stamp)
- Study Contract (issued by the Institute)
- Proof of the previous education – AIC (issued by the Institute)
- Letter of Invitation approved by the OCMA (issued by the Institute)
- Proof of accommodation
- Ticket reservation
- Travel medical insurance
- Visa fee from EUR 61.18 (single entry visa)
- Positive decision for obtaining the Residence Permit (for Double-check Countries)
To obtain the Residence Permit:
- Residence Permit Application – filled out
- Original and photocopy of passport;
- Original educational documents;
- Police clearance (valid for six month from the date of issue; is to be valid until the Residence Permit is received);
- Bank statement proving the availability of not less than EUR 5,200 in the account (valid for three months from the date of issue; is to be valid until the Residence Permit is received);
- Original Study Contract (provided by the Institute);
- Proof of the previous education – AIC copy (provided by the Institute);
- Guaranty Letter (provided by the Institute);
- Warranties (provided by the Institute);
- Accommodation Contract.