Digitally supported and virtual study practices for modern logistic systems (DIGILOG)
Project title: Digitally supported and virtual study practices for modern logistic systems
Project number: 2018-1-EE01-KA203-047107
Digitalization of Transport and Logistics (T&L) is one of the key pillars of the European Digital Single Market strategy. Integration of the European core transport network, creation of the Single European Railway Area (SERA) and multinational operating environment for logistic services is another important challenge for the transport sector. Both of these challenges require new unified supranational educational practices. Enhancing e-learning and cross-curricular opportunities in universities and VET institutions is a way to harmonize the content of over countries, and to prepare students and trainees for working in digital and multinational environment. Implementation of such concept will enable open and more flexible specialization and cross-study opportunities between the educational institutions, as well as a new way of matching work and study, make study paths more versatile, and secure better employment.
The project aims to foster interchange and cooperation between education and training systems within the frame of digitalisation of T&L under new strategy of European Union - Single European Railway Area.
To achieve the project aim, a virtual study environment will be established by network of four partner organizations.
- TTK University of Applied Sciences (TTK UAS)
- Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK)
- Transport and Telecommunication Institute
- The Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)
The main activities of the project:
- Descriptions of measurable competences’ characteristics for digitally supported transport and logistic systems.
- Adaptation of selected e-learning study materials, prepared by partners, for virtual team work.
- Creation of the Internet Portal as virtual learning environment for cross-studying.
- Development of methodological approach for e-learning materials based on Carpe Diem learning design process (https://www.gillysalmon.com/carpe-diem1.htm).
- Development quality criteria, assessment and feedback principles for on-line model of T&L education implementation.
- Development concept and piloting of simulator for digitally supported logistics systems as game-oriented virtual training tool for T&L professionals.
- Development simulator-based training for VET in the field of train driving and train management.
- Development of virtual laboratory for logistics as interactive study environment for demonstration platform for innovative logistic solutions and processes.
- Development of virtual application for the railway simulator using in study process for practical exercises from operational environment.
- Intensive programme for teaching staff (online training).
- Piloting of virtual and joint crosswise study process and e-learning methods, including webinars and virtual learning.
- Conference on project results – the Multiplier Event.
Head of the Project from TSI: Prof. Igor Kabashkin
Project is funded by the ERASMUS + European Union program by 197 673 euros.